Your Qualifying Requirements to 'Full Membership'.
28 July 2021 : The Club recognises that COVID-19 has disrupted the program and has relaxed the requirement that qualifying activities must be completed in 12 months. The qualifying activities themselves have not been changed.
- two one-day Qualifying walks,
- one overnight Qualifying walk, which includes camping in the bush,
- attend the Basic Skills Workshop (navigation, bush craft and first aid)
- each Qualifying walk must be led by a different leader
Qualifying activities are marked with a 'Q' in the Activities Program.
Qualifying walks must include:
- At least 6 hours walking per day excluding breaks
- One or more of the following:
- About 2 hours walking off track
- One or more climbs of 300 metres up a steep slope
- At least 2km of rock hopping
- Rock scrambling
While the Club encourages all members to have their own gear, Prospective Members can borrow overnight camping gear from the Club to complete their overnight Qualifying walk. See Gear (members only, login required) for more information.
When you have completed your 'Q' requirements, please submit your application by following the instructions under Applying for Full Membership (members only, login required) for more details.