Your Qualifying Requirements to 'Full Membership'.
- two one-day Qualifying walks,
- one overnight Qualifying walk, which includes camping in the bush,
- attend the Basic Skills Workshop (navigation, bush craft and first aid)
- each Qualifying walk must be led by a different leader
Qualifying activities are marked with a 'Q' in the Activities Program.
Qualifying walks must include:
- At least 6 hours walking per day excluding breaks
- One or more of the following:
- About 2 hours walking off track
- One or more climbs of 300 metres up a steep slope
- At least 2km of rock hopping
- Rock scrambling
You can borrow gear from the Club for your overnight Qualifying walk. No need to buy extra gear.
When you have completed your 'Q' requirements, please write to our New Members Secretary and apply for full membership on your Profile page.